Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Contact!

Imagine my excitement this afternoon when I saw an e-mail from the folks at Häagen Dazs. I mean, I really didn't expect them to be telling me I was the winner (though I hoped so), but at least it was official contact. That meant something was happening. Well, that something is they will notify the contestants of the winner next week. I can't wait! So exciting!

On another front, I got some "secret" info from a knowledgeable source last night. My friend, Charles, stopped by the Häagen Dazs scoop shop in SF Center (or is it in the Westfield portion?) last night and asked the employees about the contest.

One of them happened to be working in the store on July 14, the day they held the taste testing promotion. Charles asked her (?) what flavor was popular, and she responded "the Caribbean one". He said he didn't think there was a Caribbean flavor, and she said it was the coconut one with chocolate. She mentioned Chrissy's next, and couldn't remember Leslie's flavor. I think this was based on votes, not just her personal preference for flavors. At least, that's what I'm going to tell myself. So, if this is an accurate poll, then my intuition that SF and Miami would swing my way is at least half true. I'll find out next week.

Stay tuned...

No comments: